A Customer Editorial from SinfulCEO
As a former smoker of 20 years, I am among one of many that have quit thanks to the help of vapes (aka e-cigarettes). My journey to quit smoking began 10 years ago when I was diagnosed with Hyperthyoidism, which was the root cause for my mood wings, insomnia and most concerning, occasional black outs.
With my health at risk, I tried to quit cold turkey but was unsuccessful. Determined to quit, I tried (just about) every cessation product on the market, from patches to gums… and even hanyak (한의학). Having failed with each method I eventually turned to e-cigarettes. I was reluctant because of the mixed reviews, some stating vaping was worse than smoking while others had data to discredit those studies.
I eventually jumped on board after reading this New York Times article “Is Vaping Worse than Smoking” by Joe Nocera. Nocera seemed to offer the most objective point-of-view so I turned to Yelp and started vape shopping.
Among the top 5, my favorite Vape Shops were Vapor Bar (in Koreatown) and Beyond Vape (in Downey). While all vape shops have friendly and knowledgeable staff, here are the 2 top reasons Vapor Bar and Beyond Vape made it to my top 2 list.
- Vapor Bar is located just a few blocks from my home (and office) I like that I can walk over any time I like. Beyond the location, I especially liked the custom e-juices that were mixed-to-order to meet my taste preferences.
- Beyond Vape is a drive for me but they have a well optimized website that is fast and easy to use. Aside from that, the real draw for me was their cross-over from retail into manufacturing. Direct to (and from) consumer communications typically results in a better product. (You will find this holds true in my review below.)
As my top picks, I let them know I was writing this post and asked for their help to provide more information from their customers. Beyond Vape went out of their way to help and provided the following survey results.
You can also find more trends and facts on e-cigarettes (nearly 8,500 respondents), by checking out AvailVapor’s recent survey.
Compare Mustank GT vs. Beyond Vape Silo
I purchased 1 clearomizer from each vape shop, both were similar in price (Mustank GT was $38 and Beyond Vape Silo $35). Other similarities were the bottom coil design, adjustable airflow and pyrex with metal materials. While similar, Beyond Vape’s Silo was superior to the Mustank GT, here is my clearomizer comparison:
- Bottom Coil Design: I didn’t notice anything different in terms of quality between the Mustank GT and Beyond Vape Silo.
- Adjustable Airflow: Mustank GT slides to adjust while Beyond Vape Silo clicks in place with 4 different settings. Initially, I liked the sliding version because I seemingly had more control but noticed it didn’t stay in place so I was always having to adjust whereas the click settings stayed in place for consistency.
- Materials: Both clearomizers are durable but the Silo appears to have a better chance of survival if dropped (and I am quite clumsy). You can see in the image below that the Silo has protective metal over 75% of the pyrex, while the GT covers only 25%.
About Vapor Bar
Vapor Bar was established in 2013, with a grand opening on September 6th. Vapor Bar does not have a website but you can find their contact information and vape reviews here.
About Beyond Vape
Beyond Vape was established in 2013 and has expanded across the US with 10 retail locations. BeyondVape.com │ 10% Off Coupon Code: measure2015 – Expires: July,1 2015
According to a study published by the Journal of the American Medical Association, ethnicity appears to be a factor in determining a person’s risk of developing autoimmune thyroid conditions. Both African Americans and Asians are much more likely to develop this disease than whites and affects about one in every 200 people, according to the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland is overactive and makes excessive amounts of thyroid hormone. The thyroid gland is an organ located in the front of your neck and releases hormones that control your metabolism (the way your body uses energy), breathing, heart rate, nervous system, weight, body temperature, and many other functions in the body. When the thyroid gland is overactive (hyperthyroidism) the body’s processes speed up and you may experience nervousness, anxiety, rapid heartbeat, hand tremor, excessive sweating, weight loss, and sleep problems, among other symptoms.
I also came across this infographic which has nothing to do with vaping but I thought it was worth sharing. Please support the American Legacy Foundation by spreading the word on the amazing impact they’ve made to teen smokers throughout the country!